Student Poster Award
The Canadian Society for Industrial Organizational Psychology is sponsoring an annual Student Poster Award. This competition recognizes outstanding posters by undergraduate and graduate CSIOP student members in the Industrial/Organizational Psychology poster session at the Canadian Psychological Association annual conference.
There are three prizes:
- First prize = $250
- Second prize = $150
- Third prize = $100
To be eligible for the award:
- The first author must be a student member of CSIOP at the time of judging (i.e., CPA convention).
- The first author must be at the conference to present the work.
- The work must have been carried out by a student but may be part of a larger research program directed by someone else.
Posters will be judged by the following criteria:
- Quality of the poster (e.g., appropriate mix of graphics, colour, and text)
- Student's presentation, interaction, and understanding of the topic [the student must be by his/her poster]
- Rigor, novelty, and difficulty of the topic.
All student posters at the Industrial-Organizational Psychology poster session will be considered, as long as the above criteria are met.
Winning posters will be announced at a special event during the CPA conference.
1st place: Canaan Legault, University of Waterloo, Goal Frame Moderates the Relationship Between Self-Efficacy and Resource Allocation.
2nd place: Peter Fisher, Wilfrid Laurier University, Modern Classism: Economic System Justifying Beliefs and Lack of Support for Class-Based Employment Equity.
3rd place: Simon Trudeau, Université de Montréal, Perceived Validity of Competencies Assessment and Feedback Integration: Does Candidates’ Goal Orientation Moderate the Relationship?
Honorable mention: Rachael Jones-Chick, University of Guelph, Detecting Deception in Employment Interviews Using Reality Monitoring.
1st place: Marie-Claude Lallier Beaudoin, C. Marcotte-Dubuc, F. Roy, Université de Sherbrooke, Évaluer l'intervention en contexte organisationnel: Développement et validation initiale du Questionnaire d'efficacité de la consultation, versions client et consultant (QEC-CL/CO)
2nd place: Grace B. Ewles, M. Gloria Gonzales-Morales, University of Guelph, Reduce, reuse, recycle: A theoretical reconceptualization, of personal resource investment
3rd place: Ekaterina Pogrebtsova, Denisa Luta, University of Guelph, What do you do in your down time?
- Nicholas L. Bremner, Kabir N. Daljeet and Erica A. Giammarco, University of Western Ontario, A latent profile analysis of the HEXACO model of personality and its implications for motivation
- Stephanie J. Law, University of Calgary, Impression management behavior: A function of the target characteristics?
- Anne-Marie Paiement and Mathieu Forget, Université de Montréal, Nurses’ psychological health at work: Not as bad as it seems
- Isabelle Tremblay, Université de Montréal, Team identification-team performance relationship : The mediating effect of collaboration
- Sana Rizvi, University of Waterloo, Promoting forgiveness in the workplace via psychological distance
- Matthew McLarnon, The University of Western Ontario, Team, conflict, and types: A latent profile examination of team conflict.
- Aleka MacLellan, Saint Mary's University, Revisiting attractiveness stereotypes in personnel selection: A test of the meditational processes in hiring decisions of middle-level managers.
- Jean-Simon Leclerc, Université de Montréal, Relationships between psychological health and individual performance: A longitudinal study.
- Travis J Schneider & Kabir Daljeet, The University of Western Ontario, Social Networking sites, privacy and selection.
- Leann Schneider, University of Guelph, The Joint Effects of Interviewee Personality and Interview Anxiety on Employment Interview Performance.
- Lindie Liang, University of Waterloo, Is conflict beneficial or detrimental for team functioning? It depends on team composition.
- Lauren Florko, Saint Mary’s University, Examining Retesting Effects on Achievement Tests.
Contact your student representative for more info on when and how to submit.